A 17th-century Catholic church in baroque style.
Jesuits built this church between 1615 and 1621. Later in 1779, it was consecrated to Saint Charles Borromeo.
The famous baroque artist Peter Paul Rubens (1570 to 1640) helped by his pupils who included the likes of Anthony van Dyck (1599 to 1641), another notable baroque artist, designed and decorated the church.
Unfortunately, in 1718 a lightning strike and fire destroyed 39 of Rubens’ paintings that had decorated the ceiling.