An ornamental garden in front of the Altes Museum.
This carefully landscaped garden in the centre of Berlin has had a long history.
It began as a vegetable garden for Berlin’s City Palace in the 16th-century. It was enhanced by adding paths and fountains in the 17th-century.
This beautiful garden was then destroyed and converted into a military parade ground in 1713, only to be turned back into a garden again in 1790.
Today, the garden is composed of seven immaculate and symmetrical lawns surrounding a large fountain at the centre.