This peaceful city park opened in 1924 and has sports pitches and a therapy garden.
The land for Musgrave Park was donated to Belfast City Council by Sir Henry Musgrave in 1921. He lived nearby in Drumglass House and was a member of the important Musgrave family, who made their fortune from the Ulster Convector Stove, which was used worldwide for heating and ventilation. The park opened in 1924 and it has spaces for walking, picnics and playing sports. The first bowling green was built there in 1926, and there are now two bowling greens and more sports pitches for Gaelic football, hurling and camogie, which were added in 2008. During World War II, the council distributed allotments in the Park for food; these weren’t used after the war, but have recently been reopened in 2012. In 2012 Musgrave Park also built a therapy garden thanks to the EU’s European Regional Development Fund. The garden has a willow tunnel and community garden with disabled access plant beds. There’s also a multi-sensory ‘whispering wall’.