The Castle of Pralormo has origins in the thirteenth century, under the lords of Anterisio. At the time it was still a fortress, but then it was transformed into a Castle, where splendid events are organized today, including the famous "Messer Tulipano", which attracts thousands of tourists every year.
At the beginning the Castle was square in plan, surrounded by a moat that could be crossed with a drawbridge. It was only in 1300 that under the Roero family of the Roero di Pralormo branch, the Castle was transformed by raising three round towers to the three corners of the structure, and then divided into three equal parts by the three Roero brothers in 1399.
In 1680 the Castle was inherited by Giacomo Beraudo, ancestor of the Beraudo di Pralormo counts, still owners. His successors, in 1730, began new renovations and extensions: the chapel of the architect Galletti was built, then raised with halls and rooms adorned with splendid frescoes.
The real transformation of the complex dates back to 1830-40, with Count Carlo Beraudo di Pralormo, who, having become the sole owner, decided to transform the interiors according to the elegant style of the architect Ernesto Melano (who was primarily responsible for the change of the Royal Castle of Racconigi). In these years the moat and the drawbridge were eliminated, replacing them with the entrance porch and an imposing staircase; moreover, the central courtyard was covered, becoming the hall of honor, with neoclassical arches and windows which illuminate the three floors in height.
The garden has the style of the English park. In it there is a wonderful glass and an iron greenhouse where the "Messer Tulipano" event is organized every year; during this event you can admire the garden in its splendor, surrounded by tulips.
The castle can be visited every day from March 28th to May 1st and every Sunday from May 3rd to November 29th (except August).
Messer Tulipano every day from March 31st to May 1st.
Via Umberto I, 26, 10040 Pralormo TO