It is a church found alongside the structures of the Convent of the Carmeitan Order, in the Piazza Caio Duilio in the historic centre of Milazzo.
The Carmelites arrived in Sicily thanks to Adelasia del Vasto, mother of Roger II, in 1117. Once in the region, the Carmelites founded churches and monasteries both in Sicily and gradually in the rest of Italy.
The area chosen for the construction of the Chiesa del Carmine in 1570 previously housed the ancient church of San Filippo d'Agira and the church of the Madonna della Consolazione, a place of worship sponsored by the Rigales family.
In the centre of the façade is a marble door that allows access to the place of worship. Inside there is a marble sculpture depicting the Madonna della Consolazione, made in 1632 by the sculptor Milazzese Baldassarre Valenti.
Customer ratings and reviews