This Catholic church was built in 1154 and became a World Heritage site in 2015. Like other 12th century buildings in Palermo, the Church of San Cataldo combines Arab and Norman architectural styles.
The church has been restored throughout the centuries. Surprisingly, its three red domes were a result of an error made to the Church’s restoration in the 19th century. Yet they’re now used to represent Palermo. The use of the church has also changed. In 1787, it was even used as a post-office.