Trieste Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Justus, is a Roman Catholic cathedral and the main church of Trieste. It is the seat of the Bishop of Trieste. In 1899 Pope Leo XIII granted it the status of a basilica minor.
The Cathedral of San Giusto is the main Catholic religious building in the city of Trieste and is located on the homonymous hill overlooking the city.
The current appearance of the basilica derives from the unification of two previous churches which were incorporated under one roof between the years 1302 and 1320.
The austere facade of the church is enriched by a huge gothic rose window.
The bell tower houses a complex of five large bells, and the largest of them inspired the italian patriotic song 'The bell of San Giusto'.
Customer ratings and reviews