The church of Santa Maria Incoronata was built in 1460 in Milan, and is formed by two paired buildings.
After being built in 1460 in Milan, the church was later restored by the Augustinians in a Gothic style. Since the new church was completed during the election of Francesco Sforza as duke of Milan, his wife demanded a new church next to the original one. Both churches are identical and are connected to each other.
Although we do not know the name of the architect, it took the talent of a great mind to merge together the two churches. Inside the church are many painting to view. One of great interest is “Cristo sotto il Torchio” by Bergognone. There are also many frescoes depicting the lives of many saints. This ancient church has a lot of history and culture and definitely worths a visit.
Santa Maria Incoronata
Corso Garibaldi, 116, 20121 Milan, Italy