The Clérigos Church is a Baroque church in the city of Porto, in Portugal. Its tall bell tower, the Torre dos Clérigos, can be seen from various points of the city and is one of its most characteristic symbols.
This monumental complex of the 18th century was built for the brotherhood of the Poor Clerics in the historic center of the city of Porto, in the "Hangman's Hill", the burial place of the executed in the past.
The Clerics Tower (in Portuguese Torre dos Clérigos) is a stone tower, symbol of the city of Porto, Portugal.
It was designed by the Italian architect Niccolò Nasoni and built between 1754 and 1763, under the orders of the dean Dom Jerónimo de Távora Noronha Leme and Cernache, for the brotherhood of the Clérigos Pobres.
The baroque style work, whose initial project involved the construction of two towers, is 76 meters high and is crossed by a spiral staircase of 225 steps.
Igreja dos Clérigos
Rua de São Filipe de Nery, 4050