The Porto Botanical Garden is a botanical garden located in the gardens of the Campo Alegre Estate or Andresen House, in Porto, Portugal.
The Portuguese state acquired the estate in 1949, converting it in 1951 in the Porto Botanical Garden.Since then, it has been managed by the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Porto and by the Gonçalo Sampaio Botanical Institute (which was later extinguished). The current head of the Botanical Garden is the landscape architect Teresa Andresen, a descendant of the former owners of the estate, with Professors Arnaldo Rozeira, Roberto Salema and Barreto Caldas da Costa preceding her.
Botanical Garden of Porto
Rua do Campo Alegre 1191, 4150-181 Porto, Portugal