This park is a site of national significance next to the Chinese Garden.
It began as a 13th-century women’s convent but was later abandoned and remained untouched until the 19th-century when a silk-drying plant was built. In 1887, designers were commissioned to transform it into a spacious public park. After WWI, it held many Swiss seaplanes. It also became the new home of ‘‘Heureka’’, Jean Tinguely’s huge moving sculpture originally made for Lausanne’s National Exhibition in 1964. Now, aside from the playground, it’s a great place for lakeside walks, picnics or even a BBQ on one of the built-in grills.