This 400000m2 park on the banks of the river Rhein between the Cologne districts of Deutz and Mülheim was voted Germany’s best park in 2007.
It was originally created in 1912 for an exhibition and extended in 1914 and 1928. Then, following the aftermath of the Second World War, the park was extended to its current size, for the first federal garden show in Cologne. Many visit the park simply to relax, walk or have a picnic, but there are also several playgrounds, a railway, youth centre, minute golf, open-air theatre, Roman thermal spa and even a cable car.
Customer ratings and reviews