Built between 1481 and 1489 by Pietro Lombardo, and his sons Tullio and Antonio, to house a miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary.
The temple has a rectangular structure and its left side sinks into the water of a canal.
The entire facade is covered with polychrome marble, above it there is a large semicircular pediment, decorated with a rose window. Bas-reliefs with figures of saints, scenes from the life of Jesus and the Assumption of the Virgin are carved in the rounds of the door jambs.
The interior is enclosed by a wide barrel vault, with a single nave. The nave is dominated by an ornamental marble stair rising between two pulpits.